There is no gastronomical love in the world greater than my love for cheddar cheese! Put cheddar cheese on anything, and it suddenly becomes magically seductive!
I am very hungry at the time of writing this, and a picture is well worth a thousand words, so I’ll just skip on to give you the best comfort food recipe in the world!*
- One Large Potato ( those that you get in Lebanon that are like 300 gms each) – Thinly sliced in circles
- One small onion – Finely chopped into little cubes
- One small Tomato – Finely chopped into little cubes
- A lot of grated cheddar cheese ( at least 100 Gms)
- Salt, Black pepper & Paprika
-Optional – A small Jalapeno Pepper ( this was in the original recipe, but I dislike Jalapenos)
The Preparation is ridculously simple:
- Deep fry the potatoes after salting them and lay them onto a flat plate in one layer
- Directly after layering the potatoes, sprinkle them heavily with cheddar cheese so that it melts well
- Spread the tomatoes & onions
- Lightly dust the plate with Black Pepper & Paprika
You can also do your potatoes in batches & layer your dish.
*I stole the idea fromTGI Friday’s Potato Skins