Among the articles of concern are:
- Article 92, saying anyone providing online services must apply for a license. Result: More paperwork, more bureaucracy, more delays, less revenue.
- Article 82, allowing for the warrantless search and seizure of financial, managerial, and electronic files, including hard drives, computers, etc. Result: The government has pre-approval to seize your company and personal assets and information, without cause.
- Article 70, establishing the Electronic Signature & Services Authority, a new regulatory and licensing body with practically unchecked powers. Result: Another agency, who can make or break your organization at their whim.
Here are quick and easy ways you can help:
- Call your Member of Parliament and urge them to postpone the vote, pending a public review period.
- Forward this message to your colleagues, family, and friends—anyone who uses the Internet will be affected!
- Post on the Facebook Pages of your MP, calling on them to postpone the vote, pending a public review period.
- Join the Stop This Law Facebook Page.
- If you’re a journalist or blogger, consider writing a short post highlighting the potential pitfalls of the law.
image via mayazankoul.com