#MYDESK What does your desk look like?

If you are not following me on twitter you have missed a lot! We have been going at this for about 2.5 weeks and I am really impressed by the tremendous feedback from all my tw-friends… And now is the moment of Truth!

How did #MYDESK Start?

Well, I was reading this blogpost about “working space image” from one of my favorite bloggers – Penelope Trunk. So basically it says that your desk portrays your image and you should be careful on how you manage you desk space, and what that projects about you. Having a messy desk myself ( even extremely messy at times) , I was disgruntled by that people with neat desks are considered more productive.

I am one of those people who can not manage a tidy desk, i simply can’t work on one, having so many projects I need all my papers to be within reach and combined and mixed for me to start forming the bigger picture. I feel less productive if I have to put the files back every two seconds… Even Penelope’s blogpost provides a counter argument saying “”Messiness is related to creativity because it tends to juxtapose things that don’t normally go together.”

Anyway, I know that its a pretty radical subject so I will not be blabbing about it any further, here is a photo of my desk at its worst! There you have it!

need to say in my defense that i specifically chose a very messy photo to post. (why do we messy people always feel the need to justify ourselves?)

So anyhow, after I read this post, I wanted to know if there are people out there like me. And I Tweeted about the link and asked the question. I did not even to gets pics… and then I did… and everybody started participating and commenting…

The Desks

As I said it went back and forth the pst three weeks, with me encouraging everyone on the network to show us what their desks look like and starting a mini competition. and at one point I wasn’t able to keep up with you guys:)

So let’s move the competition here. Comment, tell me what you think ?

& if I’ve missed your desk, give me the link & I’ll repost it.

(hover over the photo to see whose desk it is)

@funkyozzi's colleague@manuelwazen@madhattar

@danyawad

nadjakh@ghassanb@ammouni@dashkoun34449368@smaldosari@larazankoul@hazz

The Elegant

hatemdex

@patricksemaan

The playful

@samerjay@noisythinking31608020@sleiman zr

The Zen Like & Minimalistic

@scdxb@sanatawileh

What Normal Desks should look like?

961 nerd@sragheb@shanty2@shanty2@vipwoody@funyozzi@mayazankoul@marienakhle

The Musical

@toniyammine

Social Networking Workspace

@samerkaram

The Hig-tech

@haythamkhouja

@rtayyem@najinujumi@danymoussa

The Untraditional

@dksfood

@inine

The Office with the Best View

I couldn’t embed Twitvid so you have to go through the link, but truly this office space needs to be seen http://www.twitvid.com/163C5

@mhallani

& this @mhallani's desk at this amazing office :D Lots of natural light and a beautiful view of the marina!

So What does your desk look like ?

* I’ve noticed there’s a new user on twitter Mydeskpicwho got recently created yesterday, just wanted to tell you, that it has nothing to do with me.:)

Tags: , , , , ,

1. samzzzz’s avatar

really cool compilation :)

2. Chantal’s avatar

very interesting!!

3. Rami’s avatar

Cool! Loved how you categorized the desks.
    You’re gonna create a buzz around twitter today :)

Funny how our desks are the spaces we tweet from, hence we can now imagine, each person sending that next tweet :D

BTW THANK U GUYS For the AMAZIZNg response!

5. Hazem’s avatar

I love them, I love the category that says The “Creatively Organized” (code name for messy, but we do not accept the negative connotation), My desk is under that category!!!!!

6. Liliane (aka @funkyozzi)’s avatar

I looooooooooooooove this post :) (i will be sending you a picture of my homr’s desk)

Oh goody! Ur my biggest contributor: 3 desks :D

7. Liliane (aka @funkyozzi)’s avatar

I noticed that I am the only one who has the old type of screens :S

8. Liliane’s avatar

I wish you can tell my boss lol

Give me his email, I’ll forward him the post :)

9. Saad Al Dosari’s avatar

This was a great Twitter topic, funny and yet meaningful. It also provides some kind of condolences for us with messy desks; we know we are not alone :)

I agree that the look of our desks sends a message about us. But still, it’s a tiny piece of the puzzle. You might find a creative-thinking-out-of-the-box kind of a person with a messy desk and you might find another one with a very neat one.

Thank you for initiating this pleasant idea …

10. www.sfera-wakacji.pl’s avatar

Any low energy consumption appliance would possibly be powered
    a concern . solar panel system. And all of these overheads only
    mere cents on the cash!

11. escort agency brooklyn’s avatar

This design is incredible! You certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved
    to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job.
    I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

Stop by my weblog escort agency brooklyn