I got this quaint flyer in my inbox today. And the words “first eco-friendly nursery’ struck a cord with me. Just a couple of days ago I was saying in my interview how surprised we were the eco-trend was catching on so fast in Lebanon. First the eco-totes in Supermarkets ( which without the necessary education are still considered as spacey bags, but this is another subject), then the banks, and somewhere in the middle our company’s motto…
And there you have it another addition to the eco-minded businesses.
From their website:
• We use biodegradable, non-toxic cleaning products. Ecocover all-purpose cleaner for tables, toys, floors, toilet, & sinks
• We use non-toxic art material.
• We do not believe in Microwaves.
• We recycle paper/card board and also glass, plastics and metal. The containers are provided for us from the recycling department of Sukleen.
• We only serve healthy food (high fiber is our magic health word). We have some organic food at least once or twice per week. .
• We have a No shoe –policy (no shoes are allowed in the classrooms where children sleep and play) but are allowed in the playground.
• We have AC’s and air purifiers for breathing clean air throughout the day.
• Only clean mineral water used for drinking and cooking.
• Appropriate music chosen for different activities and we will also be inviting volunteers to play an instrument for the children while playing (guitar, flute, recorder etc.) .
• Stainless steel pots and pans for cooking (no plastic polymers (Tefal) and no aluminum)
• 10 minutes Yoga for kids every morning
Still feels good to know that companies in Lebanon realize the impact of being greener on their reputation. And the added value is ( i hope) the kids will learn by example.
Take a closer look at the website
P.S. Why not invest in better photography? Image is the better part of PR isn’t it?